Advice needed on Planning Permission in National Parks

This is a bit of a long shot but... I am considering buying a bungalow in the Brecon Beacons national park and would want to convert the loft into an additional bedroom but I believe that the parks planners take a tougher stance but can't find any information on the internet. I need to make a quick decision on the property and haven't got time to approach the parks planners beforehand. I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me what the criteria are likely to be.
Many thanks
Mark
01874624141 try them they are helpful