Adding lights - wiring switch

I'm doing some work in the kitchen and have installed some downlighters (low voltage).

I'd like the existing kitchen light switch to be replaced with a double switch (2 gang?)

Anyway, The xisting switch has 2 red wires going into terminals marked com and L2.

I've bought a new 2 gang switch and have run a length of 2 core and earth from the new LV transformer to this new switch. I've connected up the old wiring to the new switch in exactly the same way as the old switch as above, but dont know how to add the transformer wiring to the second switch.

The new switch has 2 'blocks' in it marked L2 Com L1 - I'm currently using L2 and Com in one block for the original light.

Can anybody tell me how to wire the transformer to this switch? I just need the 2 switches to work independantly, one for the original kitchen light, one for the new downlights.

ta, g.

Reply to
Fat Freddy's Cat

Which is why the rest of us are banned now from this kind of work in kitchens and bathrooms. So to fit in with part B, you'll need a qualified electrician to poke and hope about.

Reply to
William4

If you're citing the Building Regulations Approved Documents, you mean Part P of course.

Reply to
Bypass

P indeed, can't blame that one on finger trouble.

Reply to
William4