Adding a door to an external garage

Hi
I am in the process of moving. New house has a detached brick built garage. I am wanting to put a single door in the side for access. Anyone know an approx cost for doing this. I know it would be a very rough figure but just to give me an idea. I am in the Leeds area, West Yorkshire.
Thank you
"diy-newby" wrote:

Is this diy or are you going to pay a builder for materials and labour? If DIY then it depends on whether you want a softwood or hardwood door and frame, and whether a lintel is needed. A hardwood frame on its own will cost between 50 and 70. If all in softwood and no lintel then a cheap door and frame etcetera can be bought for up to 50.
"DIY" <secret> wrote in message

"diy-newby" wrote:

About 200 to 400.
"DIY" <secret> wrote in message

Seems a bit cheap. Thought the door would cost between 200-300 for a cheap one!!!
"diy-newby" wrote;

You can buy a white upvc door with a double glazed sealed glass window complete with upvc frame for 200-300. If anyone tries to charge you 200-300 for a cheap wooden door then they will be making about 250 out of the deal.

wanted the same, a door to gain access to the garage from inside the house, but i was told i would have to have a fire-proof door & that any other type of door would not be accepatable & would invalidate the house insurance.

Note the position of the garage!

I think that is the clue as to why, (ON, not at the side of...)

Another give away!

HTH
John

ah yes i now see John, my appologies, i miss read the original post !!!