A couple of questions about gas pipe installation.

Page 2 of 2

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:24:41 +0000, John Stumbles wrote:

I thought I read (in GI) that the method is under review, which means it's OK but it might not be for much longer.
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:00:50 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

ISTR getting the 'under review' impression a while back, and the 'OK' impression more recently.
--
John Stumbles

I forgot to take my amnesia medecine again
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:18:27 -0700, js.b1 wrote:

Not much use for typical meter at front of house, boiler at back, mid-terrace

Is there? More details please ...
--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!

The local scum seem to enjoy nicking external gas pipes - without a thought to the consequences. Copper isn't the price of gold - they should look at the Screwfix catalogue and realise the price before going to the trouble!

I obtained a copy of Gas Regs for my build .... you can have pipe buried in screed (pvc covered copper) .... You can run pipe in timber fame - as long as you protect it form mechanical damage where that is likely... you can have it under floor deck .... but in this case you must have 'through' ventilation at either end of deck to vent any build up of gas should you have a leak. (i.e. air brick either end)

That should exist anyway to prevent rot to the timbers.
--
*When everything\'s coming your way, you\'re in the wrong lane *

I agree on ground floor, but not on 1st floor deck .. and that is probably why they insist on the through vents