Base/Floor for metal garden shed?

Hi,

Got a metal garden shed, 8' x 6', it's going in a space which is mostly patio-slabbed, I'll lay more to level it all off. What would you recommend to use as a floor for the shed? Will the slabs be good enough or should I be looking for something that's better suited to sealing with the shed? Any other things I need to be aware of, will it let in water, spiders etc?

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

responding to

Jasprt2 wrote: A few considerations: If possible, You will want the outer layer of the walls to over hang the slab so that any water run off will not seep under the walls and inside the shed. If that is not possible, you want to install some sort of flange at the base of the walls (before you hang the metal siding) to direct the water off the foundation. The siding should lap over this flange. You do not want water seeping in under the walls. It will lead to mold and mildew in your shed. (yuk). If the shed has a wooden frame, glue the base plate down to the slab as well as bolting/nailing it down. It will add strength and also act as a permanent seal.

I've seen a few installs were the slab was larger that the shed, and they formed (with wood) and poured a 2" concrete footer on top of the slab to raise the shed up and create a water barrier around the inner floor of the shed. Worked pretty well. Though my description may not be doing it justice here.

Good luck!

Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

Reply to
Jasprt2