Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Hinge
I need a hinge like the one I have sketched here: needs to be less than 10mm wide. I don't know what it is called or where I might get one. Anyone any ideas please?
2
2

part for toilet inlet??
Hi All My toilet was taking ages to fill, so I dismantled the fitting and found the (seal?) had a tear. I've provided links to some piccys. Are there any plumbers who could direct me to a site to...
3
3

Leaking Basin Waste
I am having a real problem fitting a new waste to a new small waste is the one with a slot in the side for the is try as I might it leaks. I have fitted it with plumbers mate under the plug hole end...
6
6

Garden Electrics
I am about to put down a patio but before I do I want to lay some armored cable underneath it for future lighting, pond pump etc. I intend to take the cable from an external socket (RCD protecd) I am...
2
2

Lathe parts
My son is looking for chuck for his lathe (or an adapter). It has a 2.5 millimetre pitch and the bolt which the chuck would fit onto is 18 millimetres ................. any ideas ? Sorry if this makes...
4
4

Immersion heater life
Fitted an immersion heater for a friend about a year ago, replacing one which had failed. It is a 3KW, 11 inch one which goes in across the bottom of the tank. It is on economy 7. There is also...
7
7

Air in radiator
I have eight radiators on CHeating system and there is now one that I have to bleed every day .System is fully anyone tell me please if there is anything I can do to stop this radiator getting full of...
3
3

How to get rid of rubber smell
I have a guitar stand (made by Stagg) which I purchased on the internet to save myself a couple of quid (lesson learned there). It is ensially an A-Frame with a rubber moulding at the top which covers...
6
6

Fixing kitchen units to uneven wall
We are trying to fix out kitchen units to the wall, but the wall is very uneven. Though tiled, the wall is "wonky" and the two adjoining walls are not at 90 degrees to it. We have gaps of up to an...
3
3

Conservatory remote
Our combined fan/light unit blew a bulb today and the remote will now only operate the fan not the lights. The lights work fine by the pull switch. There's no obvious fuse to check and I wondered...
6
6

Hot Water Tank Problem
Minor annoying niggle - the hot water tank doesn't appear to refill completely, and over a period of time leads to sputtering hot tap, reduced flow and complaints from the Trouble 'n Strife...
11
11

Emil Tiades
So, you stopped my replies appearing to the group. Well done. And then when I replied through google groups instead of my news server, you stopped the next one appearing there too. I also suspect that...

ocean premier fridge freezer parts
Handles snapped off! Cannot get a replacement anywhere! Any hints anybody?
5
5

Removing tarry adhesive from concrete floor
Hi, I am refurbishing a small under-stair toilet. I have removed the vinyl tiles, which were cracked and broken, and underneath is a very thin layer of tar or bitumen which looks like it was use to...
1
1

Fitted Wardrobe Doors size problem
Hi, My house has a couple of bedrooms with built-in alcoves and I intend to fit a fitted wardrobe into each one. The problem is that all wardrobe doors I looked at (from BeanQueue) required a width of...
1
1