Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wire free Burglar Alarm
I am looking to purchase a wire free alarm for my house. I have looked at the Response Wire-Free Alarm SA5 for £235 at screwfix and this seems to do what I require. Are there any other alarms or...
5
5

hot water problem
I have the normal graivty fed gas boiler with header tank in roof for central heating but am having continual problems with the hot water function. I have checked the zone valve, the surface cylinder...
11
11

Kemfix
Hi Has anyone used Kemfix ? I have to bolt a security cabinet to a block wall. Expanding bolts may shatter the block. I have been told to use Kemfix but don't know if you put it in with the bolt...
5
5

Insects in Shed
Hi Is there a way, such as a spray, that I can discourage Spiders and the like from crawling into my shed/workshop? I have bags and boxes of materials in there and I don't particularly enjoy...
1
1

Installation Manuals
Having just completely replaced my bathroom and installed new bath, toilet, wash-basin, taps, shower tray/cubicle, Shower mixer, etc. I've had to read through quite a few installation manuals....
2
2

Flushing CH system
I have maintenance contract with gas board for Central heating system but this does not cover flushing out and I believe that this is a costly operation to have gas board do upstairs radiators are...
5
5

Pump suitable for clearing large puddle?
Hi, We had a problem outside the back of our house with one of those "super-weeds" that lifted the concrete on the public footpath/car park. As a result, rainwater etc doesn't flow towards the...
4
4

corgi engineer
hi, wondering if anyone knows how much a corgi registered engineer would charge for the following jobs in the London area. I need to know how much to budget for before i contact one. 1. connecting a...
3
3

Shirt collars being ruined
My husband complains that the front tips of his shirt collars are curled up and even look worn after washing in our two-year old machine. He says this is a new development but I'm not sure about...
7
7

Too Good To Be True?
I am in the market for both a rewire and installation of gas CH. While looking for someone to actually come out and give me a quote, which is proving a bit of an uphill struggle, as they all seem to...
7
7

OT Expert re retaining wall
Hello On one of our boundaries we have a 3 feet hugh retaining wall because the land the other side is lower. Just inside that is a 6 feet high fence. Wall is leaning off its foundations and fence...

110mm non return valve fact or fiction???
do any non return valves exist that are fit and forget and could these be buried underground? I have had lots of problems when the local main sewer backs up & it flows out from the drain in the...
2
2

HepVo valves
I've just installed a new bathroom and added a shower cubicle to where the airing cupboard used to be. The waste pipe from the raised 'easy plumb' shower tray runs along two walls before...
9
9

Low pressure shower head with swivel joint
Hello all I am looking to replace an existing shower head that is fitted to an arm that comes straight out of the wall. It is a bit high so an extension or a fairly narrow spray would be good. Needs...

Replacing Batteries on power Tools
I have a 14.4 volt cordless drill I bought about 2-3 years ago, branded 'Marksman'. It came with two batteries, one of which is kaput & the other on the way out. I'm having difficulties...
9
9