Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Low voltage lighting problem
have some 12v 50w low voltage lights in the cieling and the pins on the lamps and the connectors seam to have problems, we have to twist them round and just re insert them till a good connection is...
7
7

Rawl Plug Sticks?????
Used to be able to get rawl plugs on stick about the size of pencil and you just cut them whatever size you want I liked those because you can always cut it same length as hole Anyone know if you can...
7
7

Combi CH pressure drop.
I had my conventional gas boiler replaced two years ago with a WB condensing combi. System has been fine ever since, but yesterday when I checked the system pressure guage on the boiler I noticed that...
13
13

Dewalt vs Black & Decker Drills
I know that some B & D drills were made by Dewalt including mine - Black & Decker 14.4V Model No. KC1461F Bought them years ago from Argos in half price sale - because they were half price (and...
1
1

Roof treatment
The wife is getting a free estimate tomorrow for our 50 year old roof. Seems that they blast it clean etc, etc, etc and "apply anti fungal wash, two coats of UV energy saving paint and a resistant...
26
26

Covering cement with gravel.
I'm told that there is a product which you use when putting gravel onto cement to make it look like a gravel path, but which won't move. The product is apparently applied to the gravel to prevent the...

advice on painting a plastic window frame
A google search shows some very mixed information ("key the surface"/"don't, whatever you do key the surface") so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any first or good second-hand experience....
9
9

puters
can anyone tell me why when i want to print an e mail which is full size on the screen the printer prints miniscule words,many thanks
4
4

Shower Door
Anybody know where I can get a new plastic strip from? This is the splash back strip/seal that fits on to the bottom of the glass. The glass rests on top of the bath edge. Thanks Mr Pounder
3
3

Varnish and paint saving tip
I have just opened a quarter full tin of varnish that had not been used for about two years. It was perfect inside and had no skin. I then remembered that when I last used it I had just been given the...
6
6

Craftmatic Adjustable Beds are the Ultimate Patient Beds
I would like to say a very big thank you for my Craftmatic bed. It has improved on my chronic back pain, spasms and asthma. It has helped me to sleep at night. It is very comfortable. I also use it...

Re: Freezer question, your experience.
It never pumps air out to begin with sounds more realistic NT
64
64

Kirby Generation 3 carpet cleaner
Anyone know where I may find instructions to download for this machine please? I had a search, but no success so far. Any advice much appreciated thank you.

Cavity insulation?
I would like to have the cavities in our external walls filled with insulation. The problem is I have been told by an insulation surveyor that as the outer skin is natural stone then the inside face...
9
9

Siemens 3 way central heating valve connections
Hi Has anyone details of what the wires actually do on these valves. I bought one branded Wickes but cannot find a simple diagram that shows what wires should be energised for the three valve states....
7
7