2x6mm T&E instead of 1x10mm T&E for shower - ok?

Would this pass 7th ed regs?
    clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes:

No, at least not trivially.
Conductors in parallel is non-trivial in the area of circuit protection and by the time you've designed and bought all the necessary parts, you will have spent way more than simply buying the right cable in the first place.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

I'm curious as to why 10mm cable for a shower - unless you have an excessive cable run length?
Under 16th ed (I assume the OP meant 17th ed?) 6mm encased in a wall is rated at 32A which would handle a 10KW shower - and I don't know of many (any?) at that rating.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

32A is a 7.5kW shower.
--
Andrew Gabriel

10.5kW showers are readily available. They are still not as good as a combi fed mixer, or a pumped system. I fitted one a while ago and was rather disappointed at the flow of it. As to the OP, running twin 6mm cables would need 4 cables fitting into the pull switch - it is difficult enough with 2 cables going in, I think 4 would be near impossible. Alan.

writes:

I'm curious as to why you would need extra protection on two underrated 6 mm2 cables for a shower when you don't need extra protection on two underrated 2.5 mm2 cables in a ring.

You _might_ not, but you have to prove it either way.
A 30/32A ring circuit is specifically excepted from being considered as conductors in parallel, by being tightly specified. No other circuit is similarly exempted and you would have to go to the effort to prove it was safe. Buying a length of the right cable would be much cheaper than having someone qualified do the investigation and proof for you to submit with the completion certificate.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 7 Aug, 10:45, clangers snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

It might pass 7th but I wouldn't be too sure it'd pass 17th.