12V vacuum pump

Folks - looking for a 12v vacuum pump for a little project I'm working on, which I need to get roughly the same air suction as a handheld vacuum cleaner (e.g. dustbuster).
I've had a browse on e-bay but most pumps are top end and I don't really want to spend more than say 20-30 quid.
However, I've spotted a few vacuume pumps for things like cruise control and central locking on cars and wondered whether these could do what I want. Any ideas or other thoughts?
TIA, Midge.
Well, I saw a cheap cruise control pump on ebay, and decided to take the plunge.
The pump was from a Saab 900/9000 and even though it is a very similar Hella (GR65) item to those used in land/range rovers and a number of other cars , it was nearly a third of the price - costing me 11.45 inc postage.
Although it generates significantly less vacuum than a hand held vacuum cleaner, it was actually more than adequate for my purpose (which was to pick something up using suction). Running current is 0.5A.
There are three terminals on these pumps which for reference are:
15a - 12v in P - pump ground V - vent ground
vent ground has to grounded whilst the pump is building up vacuum, not as its name suggests to vent the pump (REMOVING the ground vents the pump).
Maybe someone will find this snippet useful (!)
Midge.