Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fitted Kitchen
Hi I am after someone to give me some advice/fitted/price about my fitted Kitchen. I have had a designer to draw up plans and I have ordered the kitchen from Howden. Howden gave me a few fitters to...
4
4

Earth in Back Box
Hello, I have just put one of those plastic backboxes into a plasterboard wall. There is no earth terminal. Where do I connect the earth wire to? Do I just leave it in the back not connected? thx
6
6

Jigsaw Blades
Hello everyone, I need to cut 80mm laminate kitchen worktop with my jigsaw. Anybody know of a suitable blade to use, been looking on screwfix, but the long ones seem a tad too course. I think I need...
10
10

aerial
hi is there a simple way of testing coaxial cable i have quite a complicated system which isn't working very well i can't see any faulty connections so i need to check the cable bit by bit tia
2
2

In Memory plaque
Im going to place one of these on a plaque is granite on a concrete base.I intend removing piece of the turf to lay the base in and it is my intention to set the base in sand to make it easy to get...
2
2

washing machine removal tool
What tool is it you need to disconnect a washing machine?
2
2

Tiling onto floorboards directly
Hello, has anybody tried to fix ceramic tiles directly onto floorboards by using a two part adhesive system? I'm looking at the Ardex 7001 system. many thanks
2
2

Combi Boiler fitting
I'll give you all the report on Iguana (remember that name) as soon as the argument about the bill is over. Day 1 -- the boiler was installed (well -- sort of ) The rads and TRV's stayed as...

Cement and mortar.......
Hi all, I'm aiming to build a small retaining wall in my back garden and am a tad confused about the 'ingredients' needed. Can I just mix a bag cement with the appropriate amount of sand...
8
8

soft tap washers
I am having a lot of trouble fixing a dripping kitgen mixer tap. The washers that I have fitted are the correct size and are fine when fitted but after a couple of days the tap starts dripping again....
1
1

compact shower
We had what seemed like a good idea - renew the bathroom suite. The current set-up is the usual bath (with a shower over it), bog and basin. I thought it would be simple to replace the bath with a...
2
2

Ikea or B & q Kitchens
her in doors wants a new kitchen which is best B&Q or Ikea or can any body recommend a kitchen supplier in the same price range
4
4

What stainless steel cleaner?
We have a SS cooker hob, and as it needs cleaning properly I would like to know what is the best cleaner to use. I have just tried CIF SS cleaner, but it has dried streaky after following the...
3
3

Anyone recognise this house alarm?
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.lord7/alarm.jpg
10
10

Kitchen Floor Types
Hello everyone, I need to lay a new floor over floorboards in the kitchen. I am aware of the following options available to me: vinyl tiles linoleum sheet ceramic tiles wooden laminate Can anybody...