Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shower isolating valve - where to put it?
Where is the shower isolating valves normally placed so that it is easily accessible at a later date for maintenance? The pipework for my shower will all be under the floor and in a partition wall so...
6
6

Power comsumption of underfloor heating?
I have underfloor heating in a small bathroom. The heated area is 2m x 2m. Approximately, how many watts power compumption would such a floor use?
1
1

looking for generic name
Moin I am looking for a supplier of wall-rail shelving systems silimar to the one shown in but in Singapore. I specifically want wall-rails that are double-slot and work with single-slot arms (so that...
4
4

removing kitchen tiles
before our new kitchen arrives, I have to remove the tiles. Trouble is, trying to get them off is messing up the plasterboard underneath them - is there a way or a tip to getting tiles off a...
8
8

Pine door finish.
I'm about to replace some wardrobe doors with louvred pine doors, probably from Wickes, if it makes a difference. They are supplied unfinished "ready for painting or varnishing" I won't be painting...
1
1

Why so few posts?
Is it just me?
1
1

leaking radiator valve
My towel radiator valve is leaking. From the outside it looks like this and from the inside like this - this shows where it's leaking from. Looks to me as though the brass valve body is faulty and...
3
3

Strange turn of phrase..
In this spam. Hello! What is your name? At supervision of your structure I very much have become interested in you. My name is Anna. If you want with me to communicate then write to me. If you write...
1
1

Looking for a good quality LED inspection light
I've got one of the old 240V clip on inspection lamps but I would like an L= ED version. It could be battery operated if the batteries were up to it, al= ternatively cordless rechargeable. If...
1
1

Shelf Support pegs - can't find this particular type
Hello f.u.d.h. I can't find a shop that sells these. They are are shelf support pegs commonly used in kitchen cupboards. Looking for a store real or virtual that sells them. Cheers Jon
5
5

Happy new Year
Or at least as happy as we can be with no money I guess. So most governments want to get its citizens to turn the clocks back 30 years and accept less for more work, but I suspect now that the genie...
1
1

Mice
I need advice on how to get rid of mice in my house please.. I have seen one and have found signs of them around Many thanks Robbie
9
9

Raindrops keep falling on my sill...
We've recently moved into a flat, the windows of which have large, protuding UPVC sills. When it rains, the noise of the droplets hitting the sill is so loud that we've twice retreated to the bedroom...
6
6

What is this called
Some kind on insulation has been put in my m8 flat and i could do with it myself for something but i have google "draft excluder" "draft excluder rubber", "windows draft excluder" and never come...
6
6

how did you cope with the water ?
Tchao. These two articles look similar: Encana Oil and Gas (U.S.A.) Inc., which bought the Pavillion gas field in 2004 and operates about 125 gas wells in the area, is already providing jugs of...