Which software for the daily construction report?

Hello,
I am a building site supervisor and I'm searching for a good program to document the processes of the construction site. I search for something, where I can put in the names of the companys and crafts, so that I have an easy access to them to create a list of the employees at the site and document the duration of attendance for each company, and delays, hindrance, instructions and so on.
Can someone help me?
Thanks.
"Kai Hofberg" wrote...

I doubt you'll find a software to do everything you want, but what you're describing may be accomplished with Microsoft Project or most of the bigger name Project management softwares. Here is some info... http://project-management-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
MS Project is NOT what you need for project document control; MS Project is an attempt to fill the need of a CPM scheduling program. There is much better/stronger software in the same price range. If all you're looking for is a decent daily report form, use a little imagination and create one in MS Word, if you really need document control for large/complex projects you should look at Expedition or Prolog. And by the way, I'd bet that Microsoft specifies a different CPM package than MS Project for their major projects.
Tom

Tom Cular wrote:

I am a construction administrator for several projects and I have this same discussion with the owner of the company I work for often. Most of the software packages are complex and geared for large jobs. the other downside is that it can take so much effort to update things that it becomes a job in and of itself. Keep it simple. Make your forms on MS Word and tacking on a simple MS Excel spread sheet. That way the information you have on it is specific to what you need, not what someone thinks you need. The job is getting the building finished, the documentation is key but secondary. It shouldn't interfere or impede what you are doing. Keep it simple.
We are using a Internert application from http://jobsiteschedule.com /. It does everything your asking (plus more) with the exception of what employees are at what job sites. I guss they could add that option if asked.