where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread
I e-mailed Master Flow, available at homedepot.com,  and they are not
available here (.ca).  So can anyone tell me who or where to try to get one
in Toronto.  Reversomatic is supposed to call me back but the sales desk had
to refer me to a rep.  I have a few possibilities in mind that I clipped
from HVAC websites (Honeywell, Carrier, Ducane, Keeprite) , but they aren't
flying off the shelves I've seen.

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON
Have you tried calling real supply houses in your area?

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON
no I want a fan not a house

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON

Now, that's funny!

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON
Whole house fans are not popular in the Toronto region for a number of
things. They are mostly used to draw cool night air into houses through open
windows and exhaust the hot air out through the attic. In Toronto, the night
air while it is cooler than the daytime air, it is usually very high in
humidity and that is not what you want on a hot summer day. Also the air
intake for the fan in the ceiling of the upper floor is difficult to seal to
prevent water vapour and heat from leaking into the attic space. The water
vapour will cause the interior of the attic to form frost and can wet the
insulation, the heat loss makes it harder to heat your house and will waste
a lot of money.

If you really want to purchase one, you may have to do what many people do
who want "available in the US only" items, order from a supplier who will
ship to Canada and import it yourself. It is easy to do, the courier will
process the paperwork and bill you for the cost, taxes and any duty. UPS
Ground being the most expensive to use for importing with excessive
brokerage fees.

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON
I have a hole in the ceiling already in the perfect place - a red squirrel.
I would be happy if this works just for a few degrees for a couple months a
year: this is an absolute quest, and would be better than a/c and work for
longer .  I understand what you are saying about being able to seal it up is
important, though unless you advise otherwise I am assuming good work and
the right products and this can't be too hard, right.

Re: where to get a Whole House Fan in Toronto, ON
Try Ebay. Nost will ship to Canada.

Threaded View
Click Here To Start a New Thread

Site Timeline