Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

Page 3 of 3

The 2 models I"ve tried have lithim-ion batteries built-in.
The last set that quit, they just quit. No visible sign of why.
--
Dave

I have some that are still going after about 9 years. I coat the connectors with Dow Corning DC4 silicon grease. This displaces water away from any place it shouldnt be. Mke sure that if water does get into them it can drain out because water will get in. Mine are cheapys I got at Big Lots. The ones I have now uses bulbs but I will probably soon replace them with LEDs.
My neighbor has some that are more like 15 years old. They made there own enclosures out of sheet copper and stained glass, very pretty. Light fixtures are automotive. They also use the DC4.
The fixtures pretty much mattch their art deco porch light.
Jimmie

James-
My limited expericence is the same. :(
as per other posts, my opinion all LV fixtures are junk
I would suggest (worth a try) sealing the fixtures prior to installation with silicone seal OR if you want to try & maintain dis- assembly as an option.....a heavy application of silicone grease
IMO the only thing going for LV lighting is; fast & cheap to install I tell people that their new LV installation will require ongoing / never ending maintenance :(
the solar ones are kinda wimpy on the output & as near as I can tell the batteries cannot be replaced...but they are hard to for ease of install & maintentance
cheers Bob

the ones I have are "solar" brand from Home Depot, the batteries are standard AA rechargeables. Downsides:
1) so flimsily made that they will break (from getting kicked, newspapers landing on them, etc.) before the batteries wear out.
2) solar panels haze over worse than cheap car headlamps
3) stakes are worthless plastic junk
other than that (ahem) they actually work pretty well.
nate

Have you looked into Aurora. They are not cheap, but I think that they carry a lifetime replacement.
Mike

Thanks Mike on the Aurora name. I will look for them.
As for solar lights, I have no need for them. I need far more light that what I can get from solar lights.
Thanks for all the comments everyone !!
James

Absolutely. Low voltage lights were not meant for illumination, never were. They were meant as a general guide in pathways and driveways at night. They are also kind to the eyes at night, decorative in some perspective.
--
Dave

On Jun 9, 11:05am, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

Lights that don't illuminate...? Well in that case you don't even have to wire the fixtures, just stick them in the ground. ;)

Your needs divulged, the subject line is inappropriate referring to your needs.
--
Dave