wheelchair ramp

I need a temporary wheelchair ramp to allow an occasionally visiting niece to get in my slightly raised cottage.I saw one at harbor Freight which requires 3/4" thick plywood..will need 36" width.I have no truck to carry such but do have lots of 1/2" board (it is placed on the walls of buildings and is fragments of wood rather than solid sheets) 20 inches wide...can I glue the 1/2" together to equal an inch thick?
--
Thanks
Hank

hankus wrote:

Is there a center support, I presume? How heavy is the chair/occupant? If this were a battery-powered chair, for example, I'd be at least a little concerned even w/ the double layer. OSB isn't very strong and while it would likely hold, the risk if it doesn't is excessive, imo.
OTOH, if she's a tiny little thing and it's a manual chair, two layers w/ a center support screwed together securely would undoubtedly be sufficient for a temporary "make-do"...

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:26:16 -0500, hankus wrote:

Jesus, "cottage" for "pup tent in pants"?
--
"It\'s a fuckin\' lie. I didn\'t take a goddammand cent for my
pro-developer votes whilst serving the fine community on My Marco Island