what is a "moment frame"?

Looking through the simpson strong tie web site I came across this page

They call this structure a "moment frame". So what exactly is a "moment"? Is it something similar to a "bent in" or "bay" as used in a post and beam structure?

Anyone know what they cost? Would they be more than a wood 6x8 post and beam frame?

One video showed them putting together on frame in under an hour. I'd be interested in building a house this way.

Reply to
richard

tp://

yes