What does this mean ? SBC 1004.2.2

We are moving into a second floor with one exit. The room is 42'x30' and will hold 25 people in the state of NY. There are no water sprinklers. There are 2 windows five feet off the floor 3'wide x 18''tall that do not open and do not have a platform on the otherside(drop to first floor).
If I read SBC 1004.2.2 correctly, I think it says all floors need 2 exits when occupied with 1-500 people. Is that right? Is there more?
Thank you
On Mar 6, 11:41 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

IT also looks like in Table 1003.1 Minimum Occupant Load is 100 sq ft per occupant in a business area. Is this right?
Thanks Again
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

NY uses a slightly modified version of the IRC.

What I want to find out is if this is a legal configuration
The State of New York uses the 2000 IRC for residential construction (w/2001 supplement) and the 2000 IBC (w/2001 supplement) for commercial.
If this is a dwelling, you only need one exit no matter how large it is. If it is a commercial property, then it would based on the occupancy. For a Group B (business) occupancy, the amount of persons you need to design for is based on the floor area divided by 100 sq.ft per person. Therefore: 42 x 30 = 1260 / 100 = 12.6 = 13 persons.
For a business occupancy, Table 1018.1 requires two exits; however, if the building has only a single story below grade (basement), or the building is designed as Group R3 (apartment or condo with no more than two dwelling units) then you could use Table 1018.2. Section 1018.2 allows one exit when the use is for R3 (apartment or similar); or for business: 2 stories max. and no more than 75 ft travel distance, only one exit is required for 30 persons or less. Most likely, one exit is OK for your needs.
FYI, The SBC (Southern Building Code) is an obsolete code, and is no longer being referenced by any jurisdiction anywhere in the country.