What do you get paid per sf

for what you do just curios what others get for say, bricklaying, how much an hour? what about installing windows hanging siding shingles electrical plumbing

Those who actually finish their jobs are usually able to tell people what they charge if that makes sense.

-- you got to give a lot just to get what you need sometimes ya'll

Tony

Good luck with that. Go buy an estimating book

Reply to
Lou

Seven - units of your choosing.

Able and Willing are two different animals.

Go buy an estimating book.

RicodJour

you two shills have never finished a job?

no way! they cost 148.95 plus shipping

Don't worry, I won't hold you to any price you quote me

heh heh

Tony

Try your local library.

RicodJour

Something doesn't make much sense.

Your header asks for SF Your content asks about per hour R S Means already has all these answers, but you really need to be fairly knowledgeable of the construction process to make good use of it.

It really doesn't make sense to ask about 4 or 5 trades unless you are working as a general handyman, fixit man. If this is your question, you would not price different trades differently, they would all fall into a per hour structure that fit your life goals and needs.

There are far too many variables to give you any kind of answer posed the way it is. The mobilization and mechanization costs to lay up or patch 30 broken bricks is far different than laying 30,

000 brick. Ground level is far different than multi story.

Geography and demographics have much to do with labor pricing.

Reply to
DanG

Im a small general contractor. Just trying to get an idea of what others get paid.

Rico makes a good point, for example, he gets "7 per unit" that's not bad! haha, a unit is probably a home, and 7 is 700 thousand. but he knows what he charges. I don't know what I charge. Somebody asks me I always tell them, Ill call them, or get them an estimate.

around here, a home builder gets about $125 per sf for a house up to $300 per sf for a log home

a drywall contractor gets about $25.00 per sheet

electricians get $75.00 for first outlet, then $25.00 for ea outlet afterwards, overhead light box $75.00

oh sure, demographics would have a direct impact on these numbers.

*I always use a contract, I always get money down - usually 50%, I get as much as I can. "get your money man"

I had a customer write me a bad check! (this just happened).

At this point I'm calling them on the balance, or I am done.

Tony

Probably something on the order of plus or minus two HUNDRED percent. In other words, Tony, whether you realize it or not, you're asking a silly question. Contractor prices 20 miles from here can be 30 percent lower than where I am. Five miles from where I am they can be

50 percent higher.

Construction, like real estate, is all about location. Hie thee to a library and check out the estimating books that are adjusted for location. That's your starting point - assuming you do average work and have average business practices.

RicodJour

Thanks R

I think I'm just trying to figure out what caliber of contractor/tradesmen/women are here and do you honestly get market or near market value for your services.

For example, I got a woman who wants me to build her a med. storage shed but I don't even want to go over there. It's hot out. but I would for a small fee. how many would run over there and try to talk her into a job? that used to be me, but screw'em now! they can smooch my ankle... everybody wants that pound of flesh.

Im sure some of these nice folk would put a small deck on my house for an ice cold 12 pack and enough cash to get thier own bag

Tony

Location, location, location....and MARKET.

Reply to
Matt Barrow