what constitutes 10% renewables?

I have just received planning permission to rebuild my house (UK Surrey) One of the conditions is to include renewable energy technology that will provide 10% of the predicted energy use. This was quite a surprise to me and I have no idea what it might imply.. Might it be as simple as a compost heap or will I have to build a wind farm in the back garden? Any pointers to where I might find more info would be appreciated

Reply to
Nigel

I don't have any connections for UK, but here in Austin, TX we have a big green building program and it has loads of info about the subject. It is all relevant to the climate here, but may be a good starting point for your research.

Robert Allison

Reply to
Dennis