Wet Insulation in Basement Walls

I posted this in alt.home.repair already, sorry to anybody that sees it twice, just looking for an answer.
I recently purchased a home which was new construction. The home is a two level split. The bottom level is a lookout basement. The basement is currently unfinished. The basement walls consist of 12 inch block (coming up about 36 inches) with a 2x4 wall framed and insulated inside of the block. A standard 2x6 insulated wall sits on top of the block and continues to the ceiling. All insulation is fiberglass and everything is covered with a heavy poly.
My question: About a week after I purchased the home, I noticed that there is a considerable amout of moisture behind the poly in several areas of the basement. The majority of this moisture is in the 6 inches of insulation sitting parallel to the floor, on top of the block between the exterior wall and the wall framed inside of the block. In some locations, it appears that the moisture has migrated down the wall, into the insulation in the interior 2x4 wall. I am assuming that the block wall is "cold" and that there is condensation forming and soaking into the insulation. Is condensation enough to completely saturate the insulation, or does this sound more like water soaking through the block from the outside? Is this common in an unfinished basement with no heat/air conditioning, or is this something that I should call my builder about right away? Are there any things that I should look for to see if the builder skipped or missed something to lead to this?
Thanks!

Your basement shouldn't be wet. Call the builder. He's probably still obligated.
It very much sounds like condensation to me. The warm, moist air is hitting to cool block wall and being unable to dissipate (do to the poly) is trapped behind it; forming condensation. If it were me I would pull the poly. It would probably stop if you were to run an a/c unit or dehumidifier.

One of the reasons we decided to not put insulation in our full height basement. It may be a little harder to heat but mold behind the drywall is probabaly less likely to grow if there is some circulation
in moisture conditions fiberglass is second only to urithane foam. but you dont want the fiberglass to hold moisture for long periods of time.
everything depends on which side of the moisture barrier is the cold side.
but just to make sure that basement studwall isnt one of those stupid underground presure treated walls is it?
the only place that is under ground is the Block wall part I hope
maybe you can hire a contractor to spray the bottom part of the studwall with spray urithane insulation to seal off the block wall but that may cause a lot of moisture in the bottom plate of the wall
try to find someone that does mold abatement they would know best