Water in my unfinished basement walls that are above ground level.

I have a Three-year-old semi that has had no water problems that I have know about, But I have come across water on an out side wall of my basement that is above ground. I am talking about the whole wall. About the length of my house. 50' I was pulling some insulation out to do some electrical when I noticed a wet spot. When I pulled the insulation back it was stuck to the wall wet and in some spots there was frost. How is this possible and what should I look for.
I have called the town and they are coming over to look at it, but I like to get more than one opinion on any building issues.
Thanks for your time Daniel (Kingsville ON.)

Daniel, you're forgetting that we aren't there with you. Your description leaves out so much that all you can expect are *wild* guesses. Best post some pictures somehow.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Sounds likely to be a condensation problem. As michael, said, you need to provide more details. What is the wall made of? concrete with a wall framed in front of it? Plywood and studs? How were you able to pull insulation out--is it drywalled?