Warp in Wood Floor Planks

Hi All,

I'm planning on installing hardwood flooring in several rooms. Home Depot sells the Thomasville brand, 1/2" thick engineered 9-ply wood planks, tongue-and-grooved, 5" wide, various lengths from 12" to 48". I will be using adhesive to glue the planks to a unglazed 12" by 12" ceramic tile floor on concrete. Thomasville recommends Bostik adhesives for this purpose. The tongue-and-grooves are not supposed to be filled with glue.

I bought a box of flooring to check out the color, grain, etc. and noticed that a few of the 48" long planks have a slight warp or crown, about 1/8" or less at the center. There weren't any planks with a reverse crown.

Is this typical for engineered wood planks from other manufacturers? Is the adhesive strong enough to flatten the crown during installation? It takes 1 or 2 pounds of force applied at the center of the plank to eliminate the crown. Thomasville recommends rolling the floor with a 100-pound roller about 1 hour after application of adhesive.

Thanx, Key Bored

Reply to
Key Bored

I dont know it doesnt sound right to me if you can see the crown with your eye you probably have a bad batch

if you are laying a straight edge across it and see a tiny crown then I dont know

but that suff is supose to be stable

call the manufacturer and ask them if they will cover labor costs even though you are doing it yourself because its gonna be a mess once its glued to the tile.

Reply to
<moo