Wall Paper Removal

Hello, I have a job possibility that requires the wall paper to be removed throughout the "large" fancy home, and prepping the wall for re-texture(orange peel) and painting. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I did Google it and saw an interesting article about using "pre-wet" paper and layering it on the wall, spraying with an adhesive softener, and then 20 minutes later, it comes off like a banana peel. What is your take on this method and that of taking it off with a steam device? Would love to do the job, and figure out a good way to take off the wall paper without too much destruction to the existing wall. Jloomisconstruction.com

Reply to
jloomis

the steam will get you nowhere. what you need to do is pierce the paper with a paper tiger, (google it) and then douse with warm water from a small garden sprayer. Let the water do the work. If the paper was applied properly with sizing, it'll come right off.

Reply to
Steve Barker