Vinyl Flooring Best For Pets?

We have animals that spit up, etc. on our carpeting regularly; therefore, we are planning to replace the carpet throughout our house with a pet-friendly flooring. Our pets spit up, etc while we are at work so it is often several hours before the material can be wiped up. Seems like good-quality sheet vinyl with a wood-grain pattern would be our best option as ceramic tile or laminate flooring has seams. Seams would allow the pet spit-up, etc. to soak in the cracks. Any suggestions or ideas?

Reply to
dominoo1

Get rid of the pets! How can you live like that?

But seriously, the vinyl is a good idea. It isn't high fashion these days, but vinyl is the best idea for places where you're likely to get spills: kitchens, bathrooms, etc. And for pets, toddlers, sloppy adults.

The only disadvantage is that your room acoustics will be nasty... lots of echos... hard to hear the TV or listen to music. Plus if you sell the place later the buyers will probably haggle to get you to pay for carpeting the place, like the usual house.

Max

Reply to
maximus.chunk

Sounds like cats, little bastards.

Just do whatever you need to do to live a comfortable life and enjoy your home. Don't worry too much about what others might like or not like when it comes time to sell. New flooring can be put down in the future to satisfy buyers concerns but that has nothing to do with your decision making at this point. You know that you will have to do something about that in the future but you also have to do something now to have a clean, healthy house. Just take care of your house and you will be able to sell it if you desire.

I wouldn't rule out your other options, I doubt your animals are puking up so much that it will creep in between tile grout or hardwood and if they are perhaps a trip to the vet is in order.

We have 3 dogs and 3 cats with carpet upstairs and wood down. I would think about hardwood througout if I were you.

snipped-for-privacy@ergebnis.de wrote:

Reply to
Needing Advice