vent stack and condensate

I have my 2nd floor HVAC in my attic. The condensate drains by PVC to the basement. Recently, the line to drain the condensate has been leaking in the soffit of the 2nd floor.
My question is can I have it drain into a vent stack? Or can I drain it into a utility sink on the 2nd floor?
Steve
It would be fine to have it go the utility sink or any drain line. I believe code would want an air gap at the sink. The good thing about the sink would be to visually verify flow and also to verify efficient cooling.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
SandM wrote:

Mine is draining into the vent stack passing through the attic. There is a p-trap (or whatever it is called in a horizontal line) in the 1" pvc drain line. Of course, the p-trap water evaporates between Summers, but I have never smelled sewage in the attic.
--

Bill

Your local building department might require a trap primer for such an application. Here is an example;
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/PPP-PO-500-Oregon-1-Primer-Automatic-Trap-Primer-Valve/39615/Cat/776
JK
The IRC requires that condensate be piped to "an approved place of disposal". This would *not* allow it to connect to a sanitary waste or vent system. It can drain to a indirect waste or just be piped out onto the ground. It could also be connected to the downspouts I would imagine. But legally, it can not connect to a vent pipe. (It's not just the smell or sewer gas you need worry about, vents carry deadly bacteria as well.)

vent
But
Thank you for the concern about the bacteria. I am going to drain it into the 2nd floor utility sink. The HVAC guys did not do a good job of gluing the pvc joints. It probably separated during the winter during a temperature swing.