Vent pipe question (pellet stove, Class A vent)

Getting ready to hire a contractor, and want to make sure I know what I need in advance.
I spoke to the local person in charge of the inspections office, and he said I need a Class A chimney liner if I want to put in a pellet stove in my existing chimney based on it's condition. Are there any varieties of PVL (double-walled insulated pellet stove vent pipe) that are Class A, or am I stuck with a different solution?
Specifically for my application, pellet stove manufacturer documents are saying I need 4" PVL.
I did google, but found a lot of confusing order forms, and no good explanations of the different types of pipe and ratings.
Thanks, Keith

result of google search for class vent "pellet stove"
http://www.onlinetips.org/installing-pellet-stove
result of google search for class a chimney
http://www.hartshearth.com/chimney/chimneys.htm
based on my understanding of the what's required ........
You could use either a Class A chimney or a Class L stove vent
but read the stuff for yourself & see if you agree with my interpretation.
Of course your local requirements might be different but I think the intent is two-fold; fire safety for combustibles near the "chimney" and corrosion resistance of the inner flue liner' looks like the Class & the Class L both address these issues.
btw what does PVL stand for? xxxx vent liner?
cheers Bob