Vaulted Ceiling, non vented?

I need to insulate a vaulted ceiling. I understand I can't put the insulation right against the plywood. (it would get too hot).?
I bought some vent channels, they go between the rafters against the plywood only thing... how can I vent these when my roof ties in flat (just a lean 2 style room addition)
any ideas are appreciated
the roof is a 2/12 pitch
whatchew want man?

plywood
2

Not sure what you mean by "ties in flat". If it butts into a wall, then you can use a ridge vent such as cobra right up against the wall. it will have to be covered with flashing somehow. If it's new construction, you might be able to leave an airspace behind your siding and then vent the soffit above. The other option I would consider is no venting at all--but you would need to either use spray in foam or dense pack cellulose with a very good vapor barrier. If you have a building inspector involved, you better call him and see what he says.

sorry, I mean to say, the new roof has been set squarely into the existing one. MY rafters were set to the layout of the existing house rafters.
and my roof is pitched @ 2/12
looking at my roof from a helicopter, you just see a rectangle. there are no valleys or ridges...

and this style of insulation won't catch on fire against the asphalt shingles?
Thanks

Is the existing roof ventilated? If so, perhaps you can drill some holes in the sheathing of the old roof just below where the new roof ties in, to allow the air from the lower roof to pass upward. Alternatively, if there is an attic space, you could add some can vents.
Using foam creates a "hot roof". No, it won't catch fire. But if you are in a warm climate, it may not be appropriate.
I haven't heard this before, do you mean that the roof gets much warmer than if insulated with loose fill?

I suppose this could work Nice idea!
they goin let me get by with this? but it's a perfect idea as the receiving roof is nearly straight up! which means hot air won't bottle neck