Using / Entering data in ProBeam Calulator (Excel based)

Greetings,

I have used Excel possibly 3 - 5 times previously. We just started using ContructionCalc-ProBeam_V3.1.

So far I have NOT been able to type / enter data in any of the cells. The Enter & Tab keys/buttons move from cell to cell, but I am unable to enter letters nor appropriate numbers.

Any and ALL help, especially immediate will be appreciated! All be well and be SAFE!

THANKS!

Mrs. Robin A-W (in KY) PS if it is NOT a violation of forum 'rules', PLEASE aslo e-mail the answer (suggestion/solution) to: snipped-for-privacy@duo-county.com to be sure I don't miss it as, while, I learn to use this forum.

Reply to
Mrs[dot] Robin A-W

double click in the cell and you should be able to enter at the point of the cell &/or in the entry box at the top above all of the cells in the menu option toolbars, which may need configured. The format of the type of data for the cells has to be told (font, bold, date, money, decimals, fractions, etc., including making up your own with formula variable code for lots). There are global and local versions. Many different ways to do the same thing.

Format, Cells

Excel is a really good thing, and once you know how to use it its invaluable. You need to learn some basics. One wqy is to get a cheap book, maybe from the library, doesn't matter how old the version is, the idea is the same. Then you'll use it all the time. A certain amount of time has to be invested, then you wil know. Shopping lists (including random picks, taxes, and totals, combinations), keeping track of anything & everything, keeping lists of favorite website links (pooters, electronics), aids in working up estimates, options, and all documentation to go along with everything. Add and delete sheets. Try right clicking everywhere. Select and entire row or column by clicking on the number or letter, or try double, triple clicking. There an setting for what hapens when you press enter. Drag the lines between grid so you don't get ##NN##OO.

I may be looking here, so anything specific bothering you, someone may be able to help.

Reply to
bent

ya know what, you're NOT talking about Excel, are you?

Reply to
bent

It sounds like the cells are protected. If so, remove the protection (in the toolbar) and you should be able to enter data.

Reply to
John Reddy