Urgent ...need help

We have a Stainless steel GE Monogram Builtin Dishwasher ZBD5900 bought about 7 years ago We live in the SF bay area, california.
We have a external home appliance warranty.
Our dishwasher needs repair. The warranty company says it is not worth repairing so they want to replace it.
I have no experience with dishwashers.
Can anyone suggest a comparable dishwasher ? What brands ? What model ? What one MUST have in terms of features ? What one should avoid ?
The one we have has a light inside the dishwasher. It comes on when one opens the door. It makes seeing things far back in the corner etc.
I have not seen this feature in the new models in leading brands like Jenn Air etc
It is urgent because we need a dishwasher quickly. It has been almost 3 weeks now.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance, Ava
My ipiion, Sears top of the line Kenmore or Kitchen Aid. Look for SS interior (red water iron can be removed easily). Interior light is a waste IMO (is your kitchen really that dark)? The best models are the quietest, a big plus. Look for ease of removing lower interior parts to clean and remove fallen forks, etc. Look for three spray levels. Look at warrenty period (you can get extended for any dishwasher if that's a need.)

There's your problem! Stop trying to wash dishes using the refrigerator!
Now that's funny. <LOL>