Transition between Tiled Roof and Corrugated Laserlite

Hi I'm looking for either a product or an idea to attach a verandah roof to a sloping tiled roof. The tiled roof slopes down at about 30deg and ends in a fascia board which I presume is attached to the end rafters. There is a roof gutter attached to the fascia.

The verandah roof I want to add is the standard corrugated profile in polycarbonate (laserlite) with the ridges running parallel to the fall line of the roof.

Can I get away without the roof gutter and use some sort or flashing between the tiles and the laserlite? (i would put a gutter at the new verandah end.

I've convinced myslef that the verandah roof should be attached to existing dwelling for strength.

Any ideas or knowledge of a flashing?

Cheers Matt Bastin

Reply to
Matt Bastin

Will the two roofs be the same plane (height) or offset? Will the slope be different between the two?

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks for your interest. To answer your questions firstly, I expect that the verandah roof will be at the same height as existing house roof ie the tops will be flush and secondly, the slope of the verandah roof will be much shallower, probably the bear minimum for this profile which I understand is about 5 deg.

Reply to
Matt Bastin

Well, if you don't have snow, you may be able to flash up under the existing roof a ways (we have snow here, so we'd go up a long way... )

I'd use aluminum flashing if it is not visible, or something (copper?) for visible where a good looking finish was wanted.

Reply to
PeterD

Flashing would be ok the existing roof but the new part is rather flat. Presumably it would have to be an adhesive flashing to stop wind blowing rain up under it? I wonder if some sort of "internal gutter" might be possible - not sure what you call those in the USA but they look roughly like this..

Cwatters