Toilet on a slab grade

I'm putting in an extension with a floating concrete slab and am wondering about plumbing a toilet and wondering about setting it right on the slab. The line will run out to a septic system and was set a little too close to the surface so that the entrance into the house will come through the side of the slab.

Plumbing info is sparse as it seems plumbers must have a good lobby out there ;-) But am hoping to be directed to more info than I've found.

Reply to
Wilson

Hmmmm A FLOATING slab and ridged plumbing. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Reply to
Glenn

What specifically is your question? Yes you can set a toilet right on the slab.

Reply to
marson

First off, the slab is set on crushed rock on top of coarser rocks, so I hope it isn't going to move. The septic line is going to service the rest of the house too. I have a couple of questions:

  1. I was wondering how much distance there is between the top outside diameter of the 4" sch. 30 PVC and the top of slab for a flush mounted flush.
  2. If the cellar toilet is about 4' in from the outside wall, will a wye placed near the wall allow flushing from the next floor without a backup in the basement toilet, providing a good vent is set up.
  3. Are there any flexible systems for the hookup or should I possible box out the septic drain pipe so it isn't integral to the slab.
  4. What good DIY books or online guides would one recommend?

I figure the 1/4" slope in 12" rule would be good enough, but I've never plumbed a toilet before.

I have looked at the macerating systems, but hate to depend on electricity to run that system.

TIA

Reply to
Wilson