Timber truss connection - imperical to metric conversion

I am designing a connection in a warren girder timber truss. The local authority require it in metric units. I'm too old for that and need a bit of help. The load is 3.9KN at 45 degrees. The horizontal is 4" x 2" and the diagonal is 4" x 1". Is a 2" toothed connection with 1/2" bolt okay?
I would appeciate your workings out if poss. please.
Answers on a postcard please.
Thanks
Martin

Show us the working in imperial units and we might be able to convert it for you?