thinking of heating my garage floor and new slab with infloor heating, is this doable?

We want to pour a concrete slab in front of our garage (part of house) to cut down on the mud and dirt being tracked in, and I was thinking that it would be nice to heat it, and if I am doing that it would make sense to also plumb the garage floor and heat it as well.
Can I do this on top of the existing concrete and just pour a new floor on top, or should I have it totally removed?(I don't imagine this would be cheap)
My house is on a wood foundation, so I am not sure if this complicates matters or not...
TIA
If you want to heat a floor that's outside, then it will cost you too much to consider. If you want to heat an existing inside slab, then pouring a gypsum floor over heating tubes over concrete is quite feasible. Have an engineer check whether the extra weight is a problem.
Dave

Why is heating an outdoor slab not feasible? There are thousands of heated driveways out there... They keep the surface just above freezing so ice and snow can't accumulate.
Heating the entire slab may result in a condition known as "hot foot". Your feet and ankles are not accustomed to standing on a warm surface. Should you go this route, however, you only need to heat the perimeter of the slab inward about 2 to 3 feet. Center sections have no substantial heat loss (or gain). And preferably, insulate below the perimeter areas to minimize the loss.