The REAL housing crisis: TOO MANY PEOPLE

If you have to ask, explanations will likely be pointless. Look up 'carrying capacity'.

(Standard disclaimer- I am not one of those wacko 'childfree' zealots. I kids, and replacements have to come from somewhere. But now that most of us do NOT live on farms and need to breed our own help, and now that 1 kid in 3 or so DOESN'T die by age five, well, maybe 'replacements' should be the term people keep in mind. 2.3 kids per breeding couple or so will assure population doesn't go down. Maybe a little higher to take into account the people like me that never succeeded in reproducing. I am one kid out of 8, with 7 surviving. Families that large make no economic or ecological sense any more. My sisters that did have kids had 2 each, so the genetic line will go on.)

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

IIRC, a birth rate of 2.2/female is the replacement rate, which includes "people like you" and deaths before childbearing age.

I'm one in four. Our average is 2 (my wife an I have one and one brother with three).

Reply to
krw

Is it all you can do is barf back what your teachers told you?

Your evidently have no clue what the true carrying capacity of the earth is, what it's been or what it will be.

When all you can do is "barf back", it's a common shortcoming.

aem is utterly clueless and totally incapable of understanding the DYNAMIC nature of the world and human capacity, particularly human capacity for creativity and production.

When all you can do is look at static models, the real. dynamic world is incomprehensible. That lack of ability is becoming more problematic with the brickbrained nature of the contemporary school systems.

Thanks, but we do not need virtual retards to tell us how the world works and how it sucks based on their adolesent levels of comprehension.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

And both of you miss the crucial points.

Typical.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

What, that you're an idiot, pretending to be human?

'Tis true, at least on the Usenet.
Reply to
krw

The idiot is the jerkoff you see in the mirror. You can buffalo your braindead peers, but you're way out of your league.

Try learning how the real world works rather than sucking the teachers/handlers dick.

Are you even remotely familiar with world-wide demographics the past 50 years? Doubtful.

Learn some history (not the public skool variety), learn some economics (not the Marxist variety), learn something about production, creativity and real demographics.

In other words: Get a clue.

Or, I suppose you could just keep demonstrating your real ignorance.

Or you could just respond like the typical children, mimicking what your handlers want to hear and understanding nothing.

In fact, I expect more of yours and "aem" (who can't even abbreviate his name) churlish drivel.

At least you don't make idiots of yourselves in a open form like Paul Erlich did.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

I think its great that all the Uber-Liberals are not having kids. Pretty soon it will just be conservatives, and normal people will be able to reclaim San Fransisco from the tree huggers.

Hey, how much energy was waisted by posting these blogs? Maybe the zero population zealots can get Al Gore to jet in for his new movie - "An Inconvient Child".

Reply to
Bailers77

Obviously I'm not in your league, fortunately.

Wow, you are an idiot, in a league of your own.

Clueless, at that.

Totally clueless.

You first, comrade.

Kepp going. I'm having fun with your cluelessness.

Still...

Speaking of which, have you actually read what you spew?

You misspelled "Matt Barrow".

Reply to
krw

I came in late on this conversation. Who is winning?

Reply to
willshak

More appropriate would be "An Inconvenient Politician"

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I am. He won't even say what his issue is so his posting is a total waste of his time. I'm just sitting in a hotel room happy to waste his time (mine is already wasted, sitting in a hotel room ;).

Reply to
krw

Did Jerry Falwell have any kids? I mean any that survived?

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Those who don't advocate suicide.

Reply to
Matt Barrow

The issue is that you don't have the slighest grasp of population trends or demographics.

A waste of time in that I'm evidently trying to flesh out coherrent arguments from a primitive , tribalistic mind.

Your mind seems wasted, too.

As such, [PLONK]

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Again, you won't enter the conversation. Your only purpose is to call people, you haven't a clue about, names.

You're doing nothing of the kind. You refuse to discuss, only insult.

You're the one with the mental problems, as you're showing.

Run away! It's all you can do when you're shown to be an empty shirt.

I told you folks that I was winning. Assholes like Matt Barrow are easy pickings. All you need is a few minutes to pop the over- inflated ego.

Reply to
krw

Dunno, did your parents?

Reply to