the cable guy

Hi everyone, Apologies if this isnt the correct forum, but it does indirectly affect building construction!
We bought a lot in a "sub-division" of 10 lots, VERY rural, with no Cable access. Currently we are the only lot built so in effect we ARE the homeowners assc.
We want to bring in Cable. Our provider does not service this area, yet they have svs about 1000ft down the road. My question, can we pay to have them run access? Approx cost? etc.
Calls to the company have been futile (surprise) and lead to the largest labyrinth of voicemail I have ever come accross. Just wondered, anyone have experience with this, or how to bring cable to a rural subdivision?
Just a shot, thanks again, G
PS---please dont suggest Satellite, we have it , its marginal at best.
The last time I asked Time Warner, they wanted $10 a foot to bring the main trunk down to where it wasn't. (KC area)
--
Steve Barker

"AustinScoobee" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

About the same in NH

How is it marginal? Are you in a deep valley? You've already seen how the cable company operates.
If you think satellite is marginal, you should have a look at several cable companies out there that operate just like your local company but include technical issues as well as your companies business issues.
Most communities that license cable providers mandate that everyone within that community be wired up by the cable provider. (YMMV).
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:20:48 -0600, "Steve Barker"

I can help you with this.