t&g osb install

simply take a sledge hammer, a 4'- 2 by 4 laying flat against the edge of the osb and swing, dont forget your construction adhesive applied to sleepers.

Reply to
david ashworth

That would work...I have another approach I'd like to share...

This summer as I built my home (2238 sq ft ICF) we were faced with the same thing. Seemed like the OSB would come together fairly well...then creep apart.

I had a couple of 2" x 27' cargo straps with the ratchets. Glue it up, hook the edge with the strap. While it's flat on the joist, take all the slack up and then some. Stand on the decked side of the floor, pickup on the straps, then lift them up and down. This will cause the outter edge of the OSB to move up and down on the groove side, meanwhile if the tension is correct, the tongue side will slip neatly into place. Set your edge gap and flop down onto the joist, nail.

I had a group of 4 working with me, and it really went fast...one person's task was to move the straps, one glued and got the next sheet preped and two positioned and fastened.

Worked like a champ...in additon, as the house it built with ICF's, we had exposed rebar 12" above the floor that we could slip the other end strap over. When we moved out of range, we had the 1" wide straps doubled up between the rebar and strap.

Cheers!

DAC

Reply to
DAC