Stroke of genius or another flop?

Off and on, I've been contemplating how to construct a skirt for a pier and beam house. House has horizontal lap siding from James Hardie. First bottom lap is against the framing. And, how to do it inexpensively and with minimum effort. One man job.

I've already constructed an entry door for the underside of the house and framed in between 2 piers with PT lumber.

My latest idea is to pour a slab for a frame to reside on between each pier. Frame that in and batt insulate. Picture frame the framing with James Hardie 1X4s. Apply lap siding as normal inside the picture frame and use suitable caulk. Paint as instructed by Hardie website. Leave piers exposed between and use paint on them normally used on interior basement walls.

Am I forgetting something?

Reply to
Dioclese

Perhaps like the location? That would make a difference, IMHO.

Reply to
PeterD

Growing zone 8A, rural central TX. Also important, I guess, is the fact the house is built on a side of hill.

8" clearance to subfloor rear, varies between 3.5' and 4' in the front. Rear yard has been landscaped to divert rain runoff around the house. Intend to stairstep on the sides of the house.

No municipal inspections regarding home building in the area. County does do new septic installation inspections. My home meets IRC building standards as most custom homes do around here.

Reply to
Dioclese