Steel versus wood framing

Steel framing used to be more economical than using lumber.
However, with the recent increase in steel prices, and the decline in structural lumber prices is that still true?
On what kind of building and where?
In a previous post Michael Bulatovich wrote...

I second Michael's questions. Steel has never been more economical than wood for residential and small commercial construction.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

Long term, its not better than wood framing regarding in-wall minor water leaks. The steel will rust, and the wood will rot. Doesn't matter the chemical protection provided to either material.
--
Jonny

If I had my choice between rot and rust, I'd pick rust.
There is another solution. Using NUDURA Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) to build a poured in place concrete wall. It is often quicker and cost- wise within 1% to 2% plus or minus depending on the cost of steel vs. cost of concrete. It does not rot or rust!