steel building house revisited

Page 4 of 4
How about the KISS method. Build a nice house for yourself and a separate shop for the truck/whatever?
Have a nice house that someday you will want to sell (just before you go into the nursing home) and it will sell because it has a nice shop behind it.
With the shop separate, you won't have the smells of paints, welder smoke, spoiling grass in the mower etc in the house. Be nice to have it separate when/if you get something on fire too.
Seems to me that this gives you the best of every option and none of the problems.

This is the one thing abt doing it all in one steel building that bothers me.... i.e. NOT keeping fumes separate form living areas