Standing Water in Footer Drain Tile

I am in the process of putting in a patio and small retaining walls in front of my walkout basement.

I excavated 8" down from the floor of the basement for the patio, and exposed the top of the green PVC drain tile.

As I excavated around the drain tile to tie in drainage lines from behind the retaining wall I found the pipe 50% filled with water and standing water to that level gravel bed.

I have never had flooding in this area in the past, and there is a catch basin that ties into the footer 4' directly in front of the door, and this has always drained properly.

Should I be concerned with the water standing at this level?

Reply to
smuniak

on 6/23/2008 1:56 PM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said the following:

Check that the opening of the drain pipe is not blocked by dirt or other debris. Unless you live in a place that gets a lot of water that the foundation drain has to remove, the foundation drain usually doesn't get a lot of use. You also could have a high water table in that area, or a shallow aquifer.

Reply to
willshak