Staining Wood

When preparing wood for staining does anyone know how to prevent the end of boards from absorbing too much stain and appearing very dark? I will be staining some pine boards after applying a wood conditioner to help give a uniform appearance, but the cuts ends always look too dark.
Thanks John
sanding sealer will help, may take a few coats. That's just how pine is
Thanks, I had heard there was something to prevent excess stain from being absorbed into the ends.

Why are your ends showing?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

There are sealers out there to retard the absorption of stain, but it's not going to be easy to get it just right so that your eye doesn't go right to the end cuts...
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

Think the stain a lot with whatever they suggest you clean brushes in on the tin. Test on scrap wood. Apply several coats.