Stained Concrete Floors

Hi folks. I'm looking for some suggestions about how to lay a concrete floor on an existing floor (with all tile and underlying stuff ripped out), stain it, and acidwash it. specifically -
how thick do i need to lay the concrete? what kind of concrete do i need to use? can someone explain the acidwash process? what kind of sealer can i put over it? (i'd like it to be super shiny)
thanks for any suggestions or resources.
Here is a site that specializes in decorative concrete. Doug Banister has written many articles for Concrete Construction magazine and others.
http://www.thestampstore.com /
It sounds as if you might be interested in a 1/4 overlay, perhaps pattern stamped. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Is the sub floor already concretre? If so I would grind the the surface reminants and stain what you have the acidwash or any stain will turn out much more varried / unique with an older floor. This process reacts differently with older concrete "much more appealing if you ask me" than a new pour where the material is very consistant thust the stain takes consistantly. There are however ways to vary it by why bother "making up" something when you can stain what you have and it will not be like anybody elses...... Alegria DeLaCruz wrote: