Spray Insulation

Hello,
Is there a new, spray insulation for the attic? I saw an open ceiling in a Florida restaurant that had been sprayed and then painted. The spray didnot seem to be much thicker than a thick paint (they said it was insulation, and that it was then painted). Iam familiar with Danish Modern. Could this be something of that nature? It was sprayed right on the roof etc.
There's a good chance that what you saw was sprayed on fireproofing.
Tom

Tom Cular wrote:

Hello,
Please allow me to repeat myself for the benefit of yet another thrilling experience of your genius knowledge and answering expertise: When i asked them what it was they said itwas "Insulation" sprayed on first, then the entire ceiing (which was the open roof, rafters, heat ducts electricity etc. (Danish Modern style)) was spray painted. So who is it that you are calling the liar, me or them?
Please allow me to tell you to go fuck yourself.

Hello,
Please allow me to repeat myself for the benefit of yet another thrilling experience of your ?genius knowledge and answering expertise: When i asked them what it was they said itwas "Insulation" sprayed on first, then the entire ceiing (which was the open roof, rafters, heat ducts electricity etc. (Danish Modern style)) was spray painted. So who is it that you are calling the liar, me or them?
Forget your meds this morning? Looks to me as if someone was discussing possibilities.. I never saw where they called you a liar. ForWhatIt'sWorth... This is where you, or I, can find some real good information. The good part about it is you can read what they are saying, and go from there.
Unless someone sent you an email offline. That may explain your response. my2c..
--
remove one of the @\'s unless you are a spammer.
"Harry" < snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net> wrote in message
Bill wrote:

Hello, Obviously this once great group has gone to the slobbering dogs of Corporate Society. http://www.jewwatch.com http://paminifarm.jeeran.com right/click to make the links work
Ha, that explains everything...

Harry wrote:

The confusion others expressed was the thickness of the "insulation". Fire retardant is usually a greyish-white material that looks like thick paint. Spray foam insulation is thicker than paint, typically looks yellow, I think, although it may come in a variety of colors depending upon manufacturer. Both a probably paintable, and the insulation does have some fire resistance properties since flammable material for insulation is not good. Both also seal should seal off vapor and reduce termite access to wood material. Try this link for the insulation : http://www.tigerfoam.com /
If anyone has used this product in their home, please reply...
Harry bothered us by posting.............

No matter what it was, if it was only as thick as the paint, it ain't insulating anything, no matter what anyone says. PS......you are an asshole.
--
JerryD(upstateNY)

Harry wrote:

Harry
I'm a construction administrator for one of the largest commercial architects in Baltimore. The thickness you are describing tells me that it can't be insulation. Insulation value is derived from trapped air space. That's why batt insulation works better than bead board.
It's possible that its spray fireproofing but I doubt that to, since most paints are flammable and spray fire proofing also works on the principle of trapped air space to dissipate heat quicker.
It sound like a Tnemec paint system (cement spelled backwards) or something similar. It's a very heavy cement based paint used to provide a rock hard seal. It can be used on metal or wood.
Without seeing it, it's hard to make a judgment but here's one more opinion for you.