Speaking of water softeners...

I ran into a water softener unit that doesn't use salts in the process. Rather, it uses a coiled wire around the piping. It touts rapidly changing electrical frequency going through the wire. Supposedly, the calcium is supposed to pass safely to the drain, rather than sticking to the piping and hot water heater electrical elements.
This for real?
--
Dave

"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

It's real - really exepnsive. Not the sort of system you'll buy at Home Depot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_exchange
Dioclese <NONE> wrote:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquacrack.html

Apparently, the author/writer is unsure about the type I'm asking about. Here is an example: http://www.equinox-products.com/HardnessMaster.htm
I planned on putting such in my wellhouse before it feeds the reservoir tank and tees off to feed the house and garage. The operating temperature eztremes for the device are borderline in winter and summer in the wellhouse. Another outbuilding, adjacent to the house rear contains a 3 filter stage system. It cooler in the summer in there Guess that would be the place to put it. That is, if it works.
--
Dave

Dioclese <NONE> wrote:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquacrack.html isn't my web page, just one that seems to have a reasonable treatment of the subject.
The equipment discussed is the same type as the link, an electric coil around a water pipe.
Google returns some interesting results for the HardnessMaster.

greenwarrior had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/construction/Re-Speaking-of-water-softeners-17560-.htm : Dear Dioclese, yes! the electronic technology that you found is for real, and to make sure they give you a money back guarantee. We have very hard water and found the best system to be made by Scalewatcher and the best prices at www.scalewatcherUSA.com by Aqua Genesis Co, with great customer service by... knowledgeable and friendly humans.Our scale has disappeared and our water heater recovers much faster now saving energy and water. Note that Home Depot has a similar unit but it's good only up to 20 grains. Watch out for HardnessMaster: it is identical to Small Wonder (simply different label and higher price) and it may not be effective over 20 grains, but if you are unsure, you can always try a Small Wonder and they will upgrade you to a Scalewatcher if necessary at a preferred price. Thank you for trying to use eco friendly technology to treat your hard water.
Dioclese wrote:

------------------------------------- Saving the environment thru water and energy savings and reducing pollution.
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.building.construction - 16688 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
Apparently, you're not into major details. My name is "Dave" as noted at the end of each text message that I write. That is how you address someone on usenet, not their screen name in the "From" box.
--
Dave