Sound deadening for interior wall?

Good morning.
I will be demolishing the old tile (and underlying lath and plaster) around my bathtub, to replace it with cementboard and new tile. My living room is on the other side of the wall, and I would like to install something to reduce the sound transmission from the bathroom.
Any suggestions for appropriate materials and techniques?
Thanks -Mark
Consider overlaying the living room side with 1/4" ToughRock Sound Deadening Gypsum Board http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/soundbd2.html

Mark wrote:

I would insulate the walls with fiberglass batts (sound attenuating if you can get them easily). also install the drywall on resilient channel. both sides (bathroom and living room) is best, though this might not be possible on the bathroom side. also, make sure that the screws that hold the drywall to the resilient channel do not go through the rc and into the stud--this will negate the effectiveness of the channel. hold the drywall up from the floor by 1/4" +/- and fill this gap with flexible caulk such as acoustical sealant. for stopping bathroom sounds, this approach should be adequate. further reduction can be had by using sound board.
061002 1241 - Mark posted:

Consider adding more studs between those already there, and adding a firring strip on the outsides of each alternating stud, and then insulating between the studs. When you put on the wallboard, each side will have its own set of studs and the sound against one wall will not vibrate a stud that has contact with the other wall.
Sounds like a remodel. Only you know what goes on in that bathroom. Is it worth all the drastic suggestions herein? Or just choose to continue living with it?

No. They are good suggestions, but not do-able in my circumstances. The tub is staying where it is, and I can't add another inch of thickness to the wall surrounding it. The only soundproofing solutions I could consider would be (a) stuff I can put inside the wall cavity and/or (b) something really think I can put between the studs and the cement board.
I might add one thought. If this was a lath and plaster tearout it is probably 3/4" thick. There used to be a fiber board called Celatex that would deaden it some. It's 1/2" thick and drywall 1/2" thick would lose you only 1/4". Plain old fiverglass insulation in the wall will help some but nothing I can think of is going to help a lot. I don't even know if they still make Celatex or not. If you haven't seen it, it looks like it was made out of horseshit.

So what was wrong with the 1/4" ToughRock Sound Deadening Gypsum Board I suggested? It works, on 1/4" thick, you overlay with 1/2" cement board and your back to a 3/4" wall with excelent sound deading properties. (They normally use this on Party Walls.)
You could also consider spray foam.

Hmm. Ok, I'll look into it. Thanks!
-Mark