Solution to Foundation Being Started Too Low on New Home

Page 2 of 2
Man, this thread is beautiful. It has been recommended that the OP call in an outside engineer, attorney and inspector to figure this problem out. The contractor dug too deep and didn't pour enough concrete - that's it. Back the truck up and pour some more.
There are going to be more problems - get on with it.

I agree that there will be more problems to work out. The contractor is being up front.
I would appreciate what recommendations Bob Morrison would see as minimums.
The entire issue has to do with making a structurally sound addition to the walls or yanking out the walls to re-perform. As a contractor, I would like an engineer's advice. All the tie down anchorage for the house is in that top foot. My other concern would be making a water tight cold joint. Good damp proofing should be able to deal with it, but that top foot would be where many would prefer not having the damp proofing ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net