Software for plot site for building permit

Is there any free software for drawing a plot site for a building permit?
This falls into the context of one of those dumb questions that has many answers the first of which must be "yes, there are."
I mean we can spend the next two days trying to figure out what you are doing and how you are now doing it before we even get to what the best options are. You see, answers to ambiguous questions can only really be answered as "yes, but..."
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /

So I take it you don't know what a plot site drawing is then? Perhaps google it be fore you make some smart ass comment. And what do you mean "we can spend the next two days trying to figure out",do you need help?

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&hl=en&num &btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=plot+site+drawing&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=lang_en&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images
Okay, now what? Dave

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=building+permit+plot+site try this

Do you have a tablet computer to take into the field? Using GPS? Do you have any experience with CAD or vector graphics drawing programs at all? Are you looking for free (answered) or commercial software? Something that can be used for other tasks? Do the local fascists you have to report to have any unique demands for documentation that may affect how the work is done and delivered? Do they accept electronic delivery of pdf for example?
So here we are in the second day just as predicted and you want to pout like a little boy. Later...
<%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /
Hey, Calm down. Plot Plans are not that difficult and some do not have to be drawn to scale. Most do not. The parcel map will help. Some features like power poles or street intersections or water courses will give you a starting point with the parcel map. I would scan that......... Use a drawing program and place text and north arrow well, septic, outbuilding, street, etc. proposed building etc. on the parcel outline. The County in most cases gives a sample plot plan to a person, and also gives a plot plan form a person can do this all on. It is not to hard to come up with a plot plan. Draw it and sketch it, scan it... jloomis.Builder in Northern Calif.

I was wondering if there is a good program for doing this, and it is for a county in Northern CA as well, so you know how good it has to be.
I live in Mendocino County, and it is not difficult to put together a plot plan. I do not know a program that could do that other than Canvas, or some drawing program. You would still need the dimensions.........property lines, etc. and by that time you have drawn a plot plan. Easy to do......draw a perimiter. put in some shaded spots for existing and proposed structure. Put in any landmarks, rivers, lakes, septic, etc...... North arrrow......easy. jloomis

"bdeditch"> wrote

A few drafting tools and some paper. Worked well for centuries.