Skil tools

Is Skil tools gone to pot?
As a retired contractor, I used to have 5 or 6 Skil Mod 77 saws on the job all the time and it seemed they couldn't be worn out. I had 2 battery drills with 4 batteries that we used everyday and they just couldn't be hurt it seemed, as much as employees pounded them.
A couple years age I bought a Skil 12V, mod 2467 that I thought looked like a nice drill. Being retired I used it 4 times always having to recharge it of course. The charger shot craps and I imagine a replacement charger (I have been told) would cost as much as a new outfit and if they're junk anyway, I suppose I can still use my plug in tools. :).
Have Skil gone to junk? What say you guys? I assume Milwaukee and Porter Cable are still good?
I have never liked Skil except for the worm drive circular saws ... & I prefer side winders to those. Milwaukee, Bosch, Porter Cable, Makita are all good brands IMO. others may be better value.. Craftsman, Black & Decker. kind of depends on what type of equipment
<DIV>Is Skil tools gone to pot?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>As a retired contractor, I used to have 5 or 6 Skil Mod 77 saws on the job all the time and it seemed they couldn't be worn out.&nbsp; I had 2 battery drills with 4 batteries that we used everyday and they just couldn't be hurt it seemed, as much as employees pounded them.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>A couple years age I bought a Skil 12V, mod 2467 that I thought looked like a nice drill.&nbsp; Being retired I used it 4 times always having to recharge it of course.&nbsp; The charger shot craps and I imagine a replacement charger (I have been told) would cost as much as a new outfit and if they're junk anyway, I suppose I can still use my plug in tools.&nbsp; :).&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Have Skil gone to junk?&nbsp; What say you guys?&nbsp; I assume Milwaukee and Porter Cable are still good?</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=