shower faucet stop

-------------------------------------
My Kohler 2 handled shower faucet does not leak, but the "stop" is broken for the hot water. To shut off the hot water I line up the hot water handle with the cold water handle and it stops running. But I can continue to push it further and it will start to run. That's what I mean by it having no stop. How do I fix it?
Get the number of the faucet.......or type..... Go get a valve stem replacement. Sold at reputible plumbing and hardware stores... Sometimes seats are replaced, and sometimes they are difficult to get out. I would go with the valve stem first.......that is most likely the cause. jloomis

It sounds like a cartridge faucet, where the entire "guts" of the valve are an assembly that gets lifted out and replaced. shut-off the hot water supply valve under the sink ( or at the manifold if a PEX system) turn on the hot water handle to make sure the water is really off. pop off the trim cap on top the handle, and remove the handle screw and handle under the handle will be the cartridge (or stem) nut. Loosen the nut with an adjustable wrench and remove it. grab the projecting portion and try to pull up and out of the faucet body - if its a cartridge it will pull straight up and out. Take the cartridge to any big box or hardware store and you should be able to find a match. Re-assembly is the reverse.
If the above makes no sense, hire a plumber.